First things first, be sure to enter my giveaway! You have until Friday.
Ladies (and gents??), I cannot believe that we have entered August - the last full month before I become a Mama!!
Let's check out what took place in July ...
1. Visit with our friend's from Ohio.
They came up to visit during the first weekend in July. We had a blast with them and had a lovely get together with a bunch of our friends. Click here to read about it.
2. Visit the in-laws.
We just went this past weekend.
3. Replace carpet in baby's room (um, this is actually not on my list. Hint, hint, FD).
Yay! Carpet was replaced last Thursday night - it looks great! Thanks Dad and FD!
4. Set up baby's room - arrange furniture and start adding all the finishing touches.
The furniture is in there but not fully assembled and arranged. We decided to paint one wall after all, so that should get done tonight and tomorrow night and then I can get moving with the rest of the stuff.
5. Condense and purge scrapbooking/crafting/board game cabinet. This is going to be a daunting task. I keep thinking about doing it and finding a reason why I should wait just a bit longer. Yesterday I opened it, took a look at it for about 5 minutes, closed it, and walked away. IT.MUST.GET.DONE.
6. Send FD away on a boy's fishing trip and spend some girl time with my mom and sisters.
We all had a great week together. While the boys fished, the girls cooked, ate, shopped, played, and celebrated Little H's birthday.
7. Attend my baby shower.
Thanks so much to my Mom and Sisters for hosting such a great shower for me!
8. Get a hair cut (can't tell you how badly I need this one).
Got my hair cut the same weekend as my shower. Just a little freshening up pre-babe.
9. Organize freezers and freeze cherries for the winter.
The freezers got somewhat organized but I totally dropped the ball on freezing cherries. I literally blinked and missed cherry season. Other than eating them fresh, a few batches of muffins and some delicious ice cream, I didn't do anything with them this year. Sadness.
10. Begin harvesting and preserving veggies from the garden.
I have been picking veggies like crazy but nothing that's been preserved so far. My MIL and I canned peaches and BBQ Onion sauce this weekend, but that wasn't with stuff from my garden.
Even though it wasn't on my original list - I can't forget to mention one of the most exciting things that happened this month - Shaina and Jenny came to visit!
I'm sorry to say but this month's goals are a wee bit narrow in focus. I'll trust that you can all understand why :)
1. Finish getting baby's room ready.
2. Buy, wash, and organize baby's cloth diapers.
3. Finish gathering and organizing birth supplies for home birth.
4. Pack mine and baby's hospital bag so we are prepared to transfer to hospital if necessary.
5. Finish stocking the freezer with food for post baby days.
6. Celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary.
7. Can pickled beets with my mom.
8. Celebrate my mom's birthday (which, yes, was way back in June - but this will be the first time she's been able to come visit since then).
9. Attend my second baby shower.
10. Put my feet up, relax, rest and enjoy the last few weeks of my pregnancy!