August's goals and plans were pretty narrow in focus. We spent the better part of our month getting the last of the preparations in order for baby to arrive. Here's the recap:
1. Finish getting baby's room ready.
Check out the two part nursery reveal here and here.
2. Buy, wash, and organize baby's cloth diapers.
Everything about our cloth diapering plans can be found here.
3. Finish gathering and organizing birth supplies for home birth.
There are three boxes and a bag that have been sitting in our bedroom for a number of weeks. Two of the boxes contain sheets, towels, and blankets. One is holding all of the baby's things. And the bag is from the midwife clinic that contains all of the supplies they will need when they are here. We are all set!
4. Pack mine and baby's hospital bag so we are prepared to transfer to hospital if necessary.
Bags are packed - aside from my toiletries which will just be added at the last minute.
5. Finish stocking the freezer with food for post baby days.
I don't think I will have to cook until Christmas!
6. Celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary.
We celebrated our anniversary with a yummy dinner out at Red Lobster.
7. Can pickled beets with my mom.
We did beets, peaches and bbq onion sauce! Also, the Fabulous Dude and I got really eager near the end of the month and ended up canning 26 pints of homemade salsa and 14 quarts of diced tomatoes, too!
8. Celebrate my mom's birthday (which, yes, was way back in June - but this will be the first time she's been able to come visit since then).
My mom was here for 4 days and we had a great visit together. It was so wonderful to spend that time with her before the baby arrives.
9. Attend my second baby shower.
What a wonderful evening! Read about it here.
10. Put my feet up, relax, rest and enjoy the last few weeks of my pregnancy!
I have been napping when I can and trying to do all of the things that I won't be able to do quite so easily once I have an infant in my arms. I have a feeling the next few weeks will involve a lot more relaxing and resting!
1. Birth a baby.