I cannot.cannot.cannot believe that another month has come and gone! Yesterday was Canada Day and I celebrated by doing - well, the same thing I do most days. The Dude was working so it didn't feel much like a holiday, except that all the stores were closed and the farm was packed with people picking cherries.
Let's take a look and see what happened in June...
1. Defend (and hopefully pass) thesis.
Done! My thesis defense went super well and I was so grateful for all the prayers and support from each of you.
2. Complete all final touch ups, revisions, and paperwork for school. Apply to graduate! Woo hoo (although I don't actually get to attend my graduation ceremony, boo hoo).
I had to do some minor revisions to my conclusion after my defense so I got them done the very next day and printed my copies and handed them in early last week. I have applied to graduate in October and it looks like it's all set. The only thing I have yet to do is figure out if there are any forms I need to submit to the scholarship agencies to let them know I have completed my program.
3. Complete childbirth classes.
We completed our childbirth classes earlier in June. We both felt that they were very beneficial and we learned a lot about labour, childbirth and caring for a newborn. The countdown is on!
4. Welcome a new member to our extended family (any day now, Kris).
This was actually completed in May, but I had written and scheduled my June post the day before. Baby A was born on May 30th, making Little H the cutest big brother on the block!
5. Travel north for the annual Vine family reunion.
I got home on Tuesday night and had a great time. Check it out here! While I was up there, my cousins' wife took some awesome maternity photos for me.
6. Begin "pre-baby" projects - coming soon!
I have started purging and reorganizing our home to make room for baby. You can check out all the projects I have on the go on my sidebar. The big one - redo the nursery, has yet to be done!
7. Stand up in Caley's wedding!! Whoo hoo!
Caley's wedding was so beautiful and such a blast. If you didn't get a chance, check out the pics and recap here.
8. Finish current Beth Moore bible study.
The study finished up last week but I wasn't able to attend the last class as I was just getting home from my sister's. The next one will likely start up in the fall so we'll see if I can get involved with it, depending on when the baby makes his entry into the world.
June was a big month for us. Other than what is listed here, there were many other happenings that took place ... We took a short weekend getaway together after my thesis defense, I met SnoWhite, the garden is growing, we have some new baby chicks, and the FD left his previous job and is now self-employed as a sub-contractor doing a variety of renovations! It was busy, it was stressful, it was chaotic and it went by quickly. Here's hoping for a bit of a rest during the month of July.
So what's on the schedule for this month ....
1. Visit with our friend's from Ohio.
2. Visit the in-laws.
3. Replace carpet in baby's room (um, this is actually not on my list. Hint, hint, FD).
4. Set up baby's room - arrange furniture and start adding all the finishing touches.
5. Condense and purge scrapbooking/crafting/board game cabinet. This is going to be a daunting task. I keep thinking about doing it and finding a reason why I should wait just a bit longer. Yesterday I opened it, took a look at it for about 5 minutes, closed it, and walked away. IT.MUST.GET.DONE.
6. Send FD away on a boy's fishing trip and spend some girl time with my mom and sisters.
7. Attend my baby shower.
8. Get a hair cut (can't tell you how badly I need this one).
9. Organize freezers and freeze cherries for the winter.
10. Begin harvesting and preserving veggies from the garden.