My good blog bud, Erica, is hosting a link up asking everyone to compile a list of the top 10 things they want to do this summer. She’s a teacher and she used this activity with her first graders and figured it would be fun to bring it to blogland. So, here I am.
1. Put my daughter in a sundress, shorts, a tank top – anything really. Seriously. Here we are, May 17th and she has been able to be outside wearing short sleeves once so far. I took her to the doctor and grocery shopping today. And guess what? She had to wear a hat. And I had to tuck a blanket around her in the car seat. So, yes. My number one goal for the summer is to dress her in summer clothes.
2. Enjoy our garden and the crops around us to the fullest potential. This includes canning peaches, pears, salsa, beets, dill pickles, perhaps some jam and eating delicious, home grown meals every night.
3. Travel 8 hours up north to visit my family for our family reunion. This will be Eva’s first BIG road trip. The longest she’s done is 5 hours, way back when she was 7 weeks old. She does great on the 1.5 hour trips to my parent’s place and the 3 hour trips to E’s parents house, so here’s hoping!
4. Go on a family vacation with E & E. Planning is in the works! We’re hoping to go camping and spend a few days in our capital city.
5. Celebrate with my in-laws as we watch my sis in law, Amy, marry the love of her life.
6. Go swimming with my little as much as humanly possible. We’ve got friends and family with pools who have extended invitations to us and we will take advantage of that. Aunt Shelley – watch out … here we come!
7. Make ice cream. Lots and lots of ice cream. Eat said ice cream.
8. Celebrate our fifth anniversary. That’s half a decade, dudes.
9. Re-do the dining room which will include refinishing our hutch, a table and chairs set, and making a toy area for Evalyn. (Okay, so I technically won’t be doing much on this one, per say. But I will be supervising).
10. Enjoy the sun. Enjoy being outside. Enjoy the garden. Enjoy the park. Enjoy my husband. Enjoy my girl. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
There ya have it. The top 10 things I want to do this summer. Granted, these things all require summer actually arriving. Which doesn’t look likely at this point (see #1). But I can hope.
Now go over to Erica’s and link up with your own list!