Image Map

Monday, May 9, 2011

Random stuff because my brain is broken

My brain is broken. That’s about all there is to it. It’s broken. Not working. So, because of that, you get a post full of randomness.

1. Lately, my favourite expression has been “Sheeshkabob”. You know, a combination of “sheesh” and “shish-kabob”. Why a phrase of exasperation and food that’s skewered on a stick get to be combined to make an expression is beyond me. But it happened. And I’m annoying myself with it but I just can’t stop.

2. Eva wants to stand up. All.the.time. She knows how to crawl but she rarely does it. Why? I’m not sure. I think it’s either laziness or stubbornness. Or perhaps a combination of the two. Occasionally, if she wants something bad enough, she’ll crawl for it. But most often, she just whines (read: hollers)at me or scoots herself over to me and grabs both of my hands so that I will help her stand up. Then she laughs. And jumps. And laughs some more.

3. She’s starting to try to pull up on things. The only problem is that she uses objects that aren’t really very useful for this purpose. Her favourites include a wipe container, the leap frog learning table (without the legs), and her toy basket. None of which really help her achieve her goal of standing up. This is frustrating for her. And she lets the world know it.

4. I’m fairly certain we’re back in teething mode. It has been a “don’t you dare put me down, Mommy” few days. The kid won’t let me out of her sight. So unusual for her. She’s normally so independent and loves to play by herself. Maybe this has to do with #2 and #3. If I’m not there, no one can help her stand up. And this does not fly. Anyway, she’s been in rare form and if the poor kiddo doesn’t at least get some teeth out of the deal, someone is going to pay.

5. Over the past few weeks, I’ve added a number of new items to spruce up my spring/summer wardrobe. I definitely would never buy this much at the beginning of a season in my previous life but as the weather started to get warmer, I realized I had basically nothing to wear. It’s been two summers since I’ve seen my summer wardrobe since I was a house pregnant last year. And, I got rid of a ton of stuff I knew I’d never wear again while I was pregnant. Seemed like a good idea at the time until I realized it left me with nothing but maternity clothes. And so, shopping was in order. It felt good to get myself a few nice pieces that are cute yet functional for a breast feeding mom. I’m finally starting to get back into a body I’m comfortable with so it’s great to get a few pieces and not shudder at the sight in the mirror.

6. My husband is working a lot lately. This is his busiest time. It will continue this way for the summer. I struggle with this. I appreciate so very much that he works insanely hard so I can stay home with Evalyn for her first year (and perhaps beyond – another post for another day) but I also miss him and need him. We’re working hard at finding a balance and we’ve both been doing well. I’ve been praying for patience and a positive attitude and we’ve been actively making an effort to take advantage of the time he is able to be home.

7. I like chocolate. A lot. Too much, in fact.

8. Our landlords (who live above us) got a golden retriever puppy a few weeks ago. She is crazy cute. And Eva loves her which makes me glad. We’ve had some trouble with her being very scared of any dog other than Nika, so I’m glad she’s getting used to another dog. She kicks and squeals when she sees either of them – especially if they are playing together – and if I ask her if she wants to go outside to see her puppies, she gets very excited. So fun to watch her start understanding my words.

9. My parents have been on a cruise in Italy for the past 10 days. I haz a jealous.

10. Sheeshkabob! I just realized how long this is and am going to shut up now.

8 comments:

Erica said...

Post some pics of Eva with the puppy! Golden puppies are sooo cute. We've also been in "mommy-don't-put-me-down" stages of teething the last two days. And last week.

Biz said...

I like this post. I like your randomness.

That is all.

Gaby said...

I also like the random nature of the post :) We have teething/whinny/attachy baby up in this house

This Texas Momma said...

2 in one day?! How did we get to be so lucky! ;) I'll take your random thoughts over nothing any day of the week. Sorry that Evan being gone and Eva being in rare form has been happening at the same time. Not getting support when you need it is so hard! I hope your girl gets over her funk soon, and that E finds a slight repreve in all the chaos!

Brittany Ann said...

A neighbor's golden retriever is the reason, as a child, I got over my fear of dogs. They're a great breed to cure kids of dog fears:)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

My husband is working insane hours right now too, and while I appreciate it, it pisses me off that I'm always home alone. I realize I'm a child.

I do like a random post..

Unknown said...

yes I second that Erica! Posts some pictures of eva with the puppy :) and some of you with your new outfits!

Ashley Paige said...

I want a cruise to Italy. I haz jealous too.

This must be another week of The Teefers. Carter has been attached to my FACE these last three days. It really makes doing.. ANYTHING.. around the house insanely difficult.

Random is good. Brain dumps haz health for soul. :)