Image Map

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

We did it.

We did it. We moved with 2U2 and lived to tell the tale. Because of the weather forecast we ended up making a last minute decision to move most of our stuff on Friday night instead of Saturday. It was definitely a good choice as it rained the better part of Saturday. We also decided to stay at Evan’s aunts’ place for the weekend so we could get things organized around here before bringing the kids to sleep. Another wise choice.

We were blessed to have tons of help over the weekend (and, really, throughout this whole process – more on that in another post), which made all the difference in the world. Friends to help with the babies, the lifting, the organizing, the cleaning – the whole deal. We really wouldn’t have been able to do it alone.

After nap on Sunday, I brought the girls up to “da new house” for the first time since we had moved any stuff in. Immediately, Evalyn was SO excited to see her big girl room. Once again, she has surprised me and impressed me with how seamlessly she’s made all of these transitions (again, more on this in another post … can you tell I have a lot to say these days but no energy to actually sit down to say it?).When we arrived, my parents were here to help for the afternoon and were already busy cleaning my kitchen. On Monday, Evan took the day off and we tackled a lot of unpacking and organizing, Monday night, the Aunties arrived and we tackled the kitchen. By Tuesday morning, I woke up feeling fairly impressed with how much unpacking and organizing we’d done in that short amount of time.

Of course, there is still a ways to go. A long, long, long ways. I mean, things might be better once there is a sink in my bathroom. And a door. (Note: if you are coming to visit, pee before you arrive). But, regardless, we have what we need to function and the rest will happen as it happens.

For now, I’m working on things bit by bit and trying to take some time to enjoy the last few weeks of summer as we watch this place transform into our home.

It’s getting there. Starting to feel like home.

As my precious, tell it like it is, almost 2 year old said to me yesterday while playing with her toys, “We at home now. Da new house is my home now".

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

I don't want to fast forward any more than needed.. but don't you just want to light a fall scented candle and curl up and watch a movie? That... is what makes home cozy to me :)

Jessica G said...

Congratulations on surviving the move! My husband and I struggle not to lose our cool when it is just the two of us moving, so I can't even begin to understand. Looking forward to see lots of photos of "da new house"!

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

Glad you made it! And I'm totally with Lindsey on the candle and couch :)

{annie_loo} @ The Farrar Four said...

HOORAY! Get all these tips and posts done before January! It'll be my turn then....I'll only have 1 little one to move though! I can't wait to see before and after pictures! So excited for y'all!!!

Lucky in Love said...

So glad y'all survived!!

Samantha said...

Hooray! Can't wait to see everything.