Last week, I was tagged by my girlfriend, Erica, to do this 25 things about me blog post. I love these kinds of posts. I love learning random, bizarre tidbits about all my bloggity friends. I hope you feel the same. If not, prepare to be bored. Apparently I must bare my soul around here more than I ever realized because even after pondering what I’d write for a few days, I was having a super hard time thinking of one thing, let alone 25, that I haven’t shared in this little space at some point or another. So, forgive me if you’re a long time reader and everything you’re about to read is old news, but many of you are new around here, so some of these are re-posts from past “About Me” posts.
1. I peed and pooped my pants a lot as a child for numerous reasons, including – but not limited to – being too shy to ask for help with suspenders, being victimized by my older brother who wouldn’t help me with my belt, being sick and pooping while throwing up and being scared poopless (literally) on an amusement park ride.
2. I have been horseback riding once – the night Evan proposed to me. I forgot to say yes.
3. I pierced my own belly button, with an apple and ice cube and a sewing needle in November of grade 7 at a bowling alley. I never told my parents. I took the ring out in June when I had to start wearing a bathing suit so they wouldn’t know (sorry, Mom).
4. When I was in Grade 1, my mom forgot to come to a Parent Appreciation Ceremony where she would receive a rose. I was crushed for life (you still owe me, Mom).
5. In grade 2, during story time, my classmates could see my underwear (white with red hearts on it) over my pants. They all teased me and I cried the whole way home. I never wore those undies again.
6. I always put the toilet seat down before I get in the shower. I’m afraid I’ll slip and fall in or drop my towel in when I get out.
7. When I was young, I killed our gerbils by feeding them bubble gum and ice cream. I think maybe one froze to death and the other one’s stomach blew up?
8. I love to be tickled (arms, feet, back, hair). My daughter has inherited this trait from me. If we tickle her arms or legs and stop, she will grab our hands and place them back on the spot we were tickling and start moving it for us. Exact same technique I try to pull on Evan.
9. I bite my nails.
10. I shocked everyone and got my nose pierced on my honeymoon. I still wear it almost six years later. I made Evan promise me he’ll tell me when I’m too old and uncool to leave it in.
11. I drive a stick shift.
12. I make my bed every single day, usually within 15 minutes of getting up.
13. I can only nap when I’m pregnant. Even when Evalyn was an infant, I had trouble sleeping during the day, despite how bad our nights were. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I napped during her infancy.
14. I am the farthest thing from an athlete possible. Two examples. My parents signed me up for t-ball as a kid and I struck out. Yes, t-ball is the sport where the ball is on a stand. Right in front of you. There is no skill required to hit it. The second example, we have a home video of my dad practicing golf with my siblings and I in a field that was in front of the house I grew up in. My brother and sister are both practicing their technique and swinging the clubs in the video. When the camera swings around to me, however, you find me sitting on my dad’s golf bag like a horse, singing “She’ll Be Comin’ Round the Mountain When She Comes”
15. I have serious trouble pronouncing canola oil. I have to stop and think about it and say it very slowly or else it comes out “canoily, oily” or “canola oila”.
16. When I was in 12th grade in high school I peed my pants in front of a group of friends for $40. I’d do it again in a heartbeat, mark my words. Best $40 I ever made.
17. I want to have 489082432 babies but I don’t really care for many parts of pregnancy. I love the belly and the kicks and the anticipation but I hate the sickness, exhaustion and body aches. If I could plop myself down at 9 months pregnant and just start out by giving birth, I’d be happy. Based on Evalyn’s birth, anyway, I love giving birth. We’ll see what I say after my second go.
18. I don’t usually drink hot coffee but in the spring/summer I can put away iced coffee’s like it’s my job.
19. If I could have one wish, I would make it so that potato chips, Pepsi and fast food were the top 3 healthiest foods on earth.
20. Speaking of food (uh oh, now I’ve unleashed the monster), my husband cannot understand my obsession with food. It’s not just a pregnancy thing for me. At any time in my life, my mind revolves around food. Once I start thinking about a certain food I want, I cannot be at ease until I get it. He laughs at me when I plan out where/what we will eat days or weeks in advance. His motto, on the other hand, is, “If it fills the hole I’m happy”.
21. I sometimes hate being married to a talented and skilled man.
22. My husband has two middle names and so does my first born. I love the way long names sound and I anticipated continuing this trend for my entire family. But, that’s not happening and baby #2 will only have one middle name.
23. When I was a kid, I switched the price tag on packages of stickers at the Dollar store so I got the ones that were supposed to cost $1 per sheet for 2/$1. Still struggling with the guilt from this experience.
24. I love a clean house but I sure as heck hate cleaning it.
25. I can wear kid’s shoes. Sometimes.