Baby Evalyn! You are TWO weeks old today. I can hardly believe it. I feel like it was just yesterday that I saw your precious face for the first time. Yet at the same time, you've been here forever. I am amazed at the miraculous transformation you have made in our lives. You are part of us. Over the past two weeks, I have found myself marveling at God's awesomeness! Each day, you are a testament to the beauty of His creation. I have never in my life felt closer to God as the creator of all life than I do at this time. Eva, you have changed my life so completely.
Here is a bit of a recap of what you're up to:
- you are getting stronger and stronger each day. You are trying so hard to hold your head up when we are holding you.
- you love when Mommy sings "I Am Thine Oh, Lord" and "In The Quiet" to you. It makes you very peaceful and calm.
- you still love bath time. The warm water always calms you down. What you don't love, however, is getting out of the bath and being naked for a few minutes. Mommy can't get you dressed fast enough!
- you poop and fart in a way that makes your Daddy proud. We have all come to recognize "the poop face". You get a very still, distant look on your face a few seconds before letting it rip.
- people have started to say that you are looking more and more like me as you get a bit older. How fortunate for you.
- we have all sorts of crazy nicknames for you. Mommy's favorites are: Petunia (which is something my mommy always called, and still calls, me), Vanilla Bean, and Bean Bag. Daddy's favorites are Doofus, Weiner, and Skeezix.
- you have turned into a little muncher. You will rarely eat for more than 10-15 minutes at a time. I think you are just getting more efficient at gulping down the milk as it pours out all over your face. We're still having a bit of trouble on one side, but overall, we're doing good.
- you are still giving us at least one 3-4 hour stretch per night (knock on wood). Mommy is feeling pretty rested and is thankful to you for that.
- we tried to introduce you to a pacifier since you love to suck on your hands (and um, something else) an awful lot. When we give it to you, though, you make a big drama queen production to show us just how horrible it really is. You take after your Mother, I guess.
- you've spent this week getting to know your Nana C. She's here with us until Friday and then it's just you and me babe.
- you are almost out of your newborn size clothing. When you stretch your body way out, your sleepers are just barely long enough.
- you had your two week visit with the midwives today and you weigh ... duh duh duh ... 8 lbs 6 oz!! You are so healthy!