Image Map

Friday, October 1, 2010

Homebirth Q&A

While I was pregnant and since Eva was born, I have recieved a number of questions about our decision to have a homebirth. There is so much to say about how and why we made this choice. I have been attempting to write a post about how and why we decided to go this route. But, along with my own ideas about homebirth, I thought I could open it up to you and answer any questions you might have.

So, feel free to ask away - anything you want to know about our choice to have a homebirth or homebirthing in general, and I will do my very best to answer next week. And, by the way, if you want to know about the placenta part of it, just read this post. :)

5 comments:

Katie said...

Yay! I was hoping you would do a post on this topic! My question is: Did it take a lot of convincing for your husband to be comfortable with the idea of a homebirth and midwifes?

Laura said...

I'm sure you've either talked about it before or are going to talk about it anyway, but I am curious about the reasons you chose a home birth. I know that there are a lot more people doing natural births again and I've heard a lot about home births, but really I've never known anyone that had a home birth other than you so I'm interested in what brought you two to that decision. :)

Also I just wanted to tell you that Evalyn is so adorable and I love the spelling of her name. How did you come up with her full name anyway? I assume Evalyn came from your husband's name?

Gina said...

I did so much research on natural births that I don't really have any questions...like I said, it's not for me, but I think it's a beautiful thing. Really.

I want to know about her name too. Do you pronounce Evalyn with a short e and Eva with a long e?

Joanna said...

Ok, so my question (being a nurse) is safety. Are you very far from a hospital? What is the protocol of the midwives for deciding to leave, etc. I've seen so many things go wrong in L&D that it scares me, but I am very intrigued and think it would be so much more comfortable at home, without the constraints of them "whisking the baby away" etc. Also, do the midwives do the Vit K shots, etc for the baby? Or do you go to the pediatrician? How does all that work? Haha...lots of questions! :) She is so beautiful!

Jacqueline Sears said...

Oh! You got some good questions! No one posted any on my homebirth QandA!! Looking forward to your post, and maybe we can cross post or something in the future. Maybe I'll call on you to share your story on my blog in a few months!