We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out, shopping, playing Wii and watching movies. It was so great to visit with them because we only get to see them a few times a year.
Although all of my nieces and nephews are funny, cute, and quirky .... our 4 y/o niece took the cake this weekend with some of her comments.
I just thought I'd share a few.
- While reading a Fancy Nancy story to her on the couch, I was half concentrating on the book and half paying attention to the adult conversation in the kitchen. I heard something said in the adult conversation and paused in my reading to say something to the grown ups. When I was done talking, before I resumed reading, she said "You could read to me and talk to them, but it would probably be easier if you just read to me".
- While driving in the car, she and I were sitting in the back seat and she was jabbering away about something. Apparently, I zoned out a little bit and she noticed because she stopped mid sentence and said, "Ugh ... am I talking too much again?"
- "I know what heaven is going to be like." "Oh yeah, what's it going to be like?" "There are going to be palm trees everywhere and stations where you can stop and get food. But, we'll all be dead so I guess we won't need food, but those stations would still be fun."
- "A girl in my class is from a different country." "Oh yeah, what country is she from?" "Ohio."
- "Aunt Linds, I know how God made you." "Oh yeah, how did He make me?" "Well, He made you out of paper, then He colored you in, and cut you out and used His magic wand to make you alive."
- A few hours later ... "I just keep thinking about how God made you. And I know He made you out of paper and colored you in and used His magic wand to make you alive. But, I just can't figure out how He made the paper!"