Image Map

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thanksgiving

This past weekend, we celebrated Thanksgiving by traveling up north to Manitoulin Island to visit my sister, her husband and our sweet nephew. My brother-in-law's sister and her daughter were also there with us. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, we couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

I started off the weekend on Saturday morning by enjoying the deliciousness of a cantaloupe that came from my garden with Dave & Kristin's niece, K.

On Saturday evening, we had an amazing Thanksgiving feast which included a 20 lb turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, twice baked sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, corn, green bean casserole, pickled beats, apple pie and peanut butter pie. Were we ever stuffed. When we finished up our meal (around 8:30 p.m.) I looked around the table and Kristin and A and said, "Thanksgiving is a lot better when there are Moms and Aunts around to make all the food and then do all the cleanup This is exhausting". Evan replied to this by saying, "I hate to break it to you, but you are now the Moms and Aunts".... I guess we really are grown up, aren't we? It certainly makes me appreciate everything that my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles have done from me as I was growing up. Thankfully, the guys volunteered to clean up most of the dishes and give us ladies a break.

We spent the rest of the weekend going for walks, visiting, relaxing and enjoying the beauty of God's creation.



My friend, T, made Kris this sling and it looks like Hunter is going to love being carried this way.
I was lucky enough to sneak in some cuddle time with him as well. He's growing so fast.

On Sunday night, we headed out to the front yard and roasted some hot dogs at the campfire.


All in all, it was an absolutely wonderful weekend. God has truly blessed us with such a wonderful family, an abundance of food and beautiful nature to enjoy.

No comments: