Image Map

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fire in the Hole!!


I am sitting here on the couch at the end of a long day breathing in the warm, delicious smell of wood burning in the fireplace. Yup, that's right. The first fire of the season. I love the warmth that the fireplace adds to our home on chilly fall evenings. This morning when I woke up and realized the furnace had kicked in, I knew it was time to bring in the wood and start up the fire place. As I am typing, Evan has carried in some wood from the shed, lit the fire, caused the smoke detector to go off and now, at last, it's burning brightly. Ahh, have I mentioned how much I love fall?

Tonight I also swapped our summer clothes for our fall/winter clothes. Goodbye flip flops, capris and tank tops. Hello sweaters, scarves and boots! I was so excited to wear boots for the first time yesterday (For any who don't know, I have an unhealthy obsession with boots ... tall boots, short boots, lined boots, unlined boots, pointy toes, pointy heels, flats .. you name it, I got it). I basically don't own shoes aside from my runners and a pair of flats. I go from flip flops to boots and that's it.

On another note, two of my toenails fell off last night and another one is just about ready to go. I think I permanently damaged my feet on the walk. It was well worth it though. I don't think that this particular detail has anything to do with my love for autumn, I just wanted to gross everyone out. I thought about adding the picture of my nail-less toe that my brother made me take and e-mail to him but I will let you use your imagination.

This weekend I am looking forward to attending the Apple Harvest Festival in Meaford. Since Evan and I have been together, I have never been able to go and I CANNOT wait to go to the craft show for the first time this year. I am hopeful that I will not be disappointed. I can't wait to see the beautiful changing leaves and smell the beautiful, rich autumn smells.

I just absolutely love everything about autumn. Well, ALMOST everything. The only bad thing about autumn is what comes after it!

No comments: