Image Map

Friday, September 12, 2008

Can't Take Him Anywhere...

This evening Evan's baseball game was canceled due to bad weather so we decided to have ourselves a little date night. He's leaving next week for eleven days so it was nice to spend some time together. I had some money left from my birthday which was a few weeks ago so he suggested we go shopping and grab some Thai food for dinner. Sounded great to me.

So, we headed out to the mall and did some shopping for a few hours. I found a few great deals on some nice clothes for the fall. After we were done, we enjoyed our dinner and were ready to leave. At the last minute, however, I decided to stop in at Home Sense before we left. Home Sense is one of our favourite stores. Yes, I said OUR favourite, not MY favourite. Believe it or not, my hubby is a fairly fashion-forward guy and he has great taste (although he might not always demonstrate that in his choice of wardrobe). Just tonight we discussed that even though he likes fashion, his line of work and hobbies don't always allow for him to express that. Not only is he fashion-forward and trendy but he also has a knack for decorating. Usually when I buy and arrange a new decorative piece for our home the next time I turn around he has it in a different spot or rearranged in some way. If he's in a nice mood and being senstive to my feelings, he might look at the new piece and say "Are you sure you like it that way?" before proceeding to rearrange it. And, he's almost always right ... his way usually looks better.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. Tonight he wasn't very interested in the stuff Home Sense had to offer. He said he was disappointed and that although he could normally spend hours wandering the aisles of this store they didn't seem to have anything that caught his fancy. Too bad for him, I was still looking around so he would just have to be patient for a little longer.

So, at this point we parted ways. I strolled over to the kitchen section and he went else where. I was standing at the end of an aisle internally contemplating the usefulness of some really really really cute mixing bowls when I heard him say, "What do you think of this, Luc?" I turned around and what did I see?

To my horror and astonishment, I turned to stand face to face with my husband who, standing in the middle of the store, was dressed in armor! He was proudly bearing a helmet and chest piece while calling out what sounded to me like battle cries. Despite my mortification, I couldn't help but laugh (along with 5 or 6 older ladies around us). I told him to go take that stuff off and stop acting like a child. So, off he goes. About 30 seconds later, I was back in my zone pondering the usefulness of the bowls and suddenly a loud "AWOOOOGA" followed by uproarious laughter interupted my thoughts. What had he done now?

I timidly peeked around the corner of the aisle and saw him there, beaming like a child, with an old fashioned horn in his hand. It was then that I decided our shopping adventure was over, it was time to go home. I can't take him anywhere!!

3 comments:

Anne Kirkland said...

At least he wasn't dressed in womens pj's this time!!!!!

Noel said...

Which HomeSense has a suit of armour in it! That sounds awesome!

Tereasa said...

I echo Anne's thoughts and add these, "At least he was *wearing* clothes."