Image Map

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Falling For Fall

It is starting to feel like fall. And I am not just talking about the weather. In fact, the weather hasn't really started to feel much like fall, aside from a few cooler days that we've had. Instead, I am talking about many other things that have been occurring that are a sure sign that fall is nearing. Fall is my favourite season and so there are many enjoyable things that I associate with that season. This weekend and today, much of my time was spent doing "autumn" things. I have made a list of some things that remind me of fall and things that indicate to me that fall has arrived/is arriving. Many of these things can be and are done at all times of the year, but for some reason I have strongly associated them with autumn. Don't ask me why. Anyway, here's my list...
~ Apple Crisp (I can smell it baking now)
~ Leaves changing
~ Homemade soup
~ A fire in the fireplace
~ Sitting on the couch, curled up in a blanket, reading a book (not sure why I associate this with fall when I do it nearly every day, all year?)
~ Autumn leaves
~ Decorating my house with scarecrows and pumpkins
~ Chilly weather
~ Squash
~ Back to school
~ Having no lights on except candles in the evening (Also not sure what this has anything to do with autumn, but we seem to live on candle light quite often in the fall)
~ Harvest meals

And the number one way to tell that autumn is coming....

~ HUNTING SEASON HAS BEGUN!!!!!! Yes, that's right, goose season opened a few weeks ago and later this week Evan will head North for an eleven day moose hunt. I always know that autumn is here when Evan is not! :D

No comments: