Image Map

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mama knows best … except when she doesn’t

I can’t even tell you the number of times that I’ve heard the expression “Mama knows best”. And it’s true. Usually.

Mama knows best. Except when she doesn’t.

For the most part, I know what is best for my babe and I. I can tell when she is hungry and when she just needs something to suck on. I can tell when she wakes up from a nap if she’s ready to get up or if she woke up accidentally and needs a little help getting back to sleep. I know when she’s tired and when she just needs a change of scenery. I know by her cry if something is wrong or if she’s just complaining (which she happens to do quite a lot of).

But, many times, I don’t know what’s up. I don’t know what she needs. I don’t know what she wants. I don’t what to do. And I need help.

So at those times, I ask questions. I ask my Mom, my hubby, my sister, my twistas, my other mom friends. I ask for advice. I ask for opinions. I ask what they would do in my shoes. And sometimes I heed their advice. But sometimes I don’t. In the end, it’s up to me to decide what I do or do not feel is right for my babe. But even though that is the case, I sometimes feel like I just don’t know.

Which is why I’m grateful that I have a tremendous amount of support. Specifically, I have found so much encouragement from other Mom’s through this little world called the internet. Some of my dearest friends and go to gals are people whose faces I’ve never seen. But they are my girls. I go to them with my questions, my concerns, and sometimes, just when I need someone to tell me that I am not on the path to completely messing my kid up. There is nothing like getting some reassurance from another young Mom that you are, in fact, doing a good job.

And, today, I want to share with you a new resource that I know I will be counting on time and time again. Two of my awesome twistas, Katie and Jess, are part of a new project - The Poop Whisperer - a blog that is geared towards all sorts Mom shiznack. I am so excited to see what kind of stuff they’ll be sharing.

Why?

Because they are smart Moms.

They know what’s up. They have experience galore to share and yet, are not dumb enough to think that what is true for them will be true for everyone else.

So if you’re a new mom (or an old mom for that matter) hop on over and check it out.

I know I will be counting on them in those (many many many) moments when Mama just doesn’t know best.

1 comment:

Amber said...

This is a cute posting...and you will see as your cute little girl ages we often time make it up as we go. :-)