I signed up to receive weekly pregnancy updates in my e-mail from Baby Center. If you are pregnant and haven't done this, you really should. They are pretty informative. Each week, there is a section called belly laughs, where they provide some pregnancy related humour. This week, I got such a kick out of this section that I had to share it.
So, if you pregnant, are trying to get pregnant, or know someone who is pregnant and you are unsure about what kind of exercise is safe/unsafe or beneficial/non-beneficial for your preggo body, make sure to check out this list of the five best prenatal yoga postures. I do believe I will begin integrating some of these into my daily routine!
The five best prenatal yoga postures
• The Pringle. Lie on your back with a can of chips balanced on your stomach. See if you can eat them all before you fall asleep.
• The Sneeze. As the sneeze approaches, squeeze your knees together, breathe in and out, and try to remember what it used to feel like to "hold it in." Keep this pose while you hobble to the bathroom to change your underwear.
• The Calf Cramp. Try to stretch around your belly and rub your leg while simultaneously screaming loudly enough to wake everyone in your zip code.
• The Pesto Burp. Bring your chin to your chest and exhale as silently as you can through your closed mouth. Reward yourself with a nice, meditative Fudgesicle.
• The Sleeping Hip. Lie on your side until you lose all feeling. Roll onto your other side and repeat.