You might remember me mentioning that this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving. Also, if you read my weekly meal plan, you'll notice that nothing was planned for this evening and onward because we had plans to leave tonight for our long weekend.
Because, you see, the fabulous dude has Friday and Monday off for Thanksgiving weekend.
In our own world.
Our weekend plans looked like this:
- Leave Thursday night to head up to FD's town, stopping for dinner out on the way.
- Head out to the cabin to spend the night (the cabin is the same place he proposed. Coincidentally, today is also our 4 year proposalversary - seems fitting)
- Relax on Friday morning
- Head into the "city" closest to his hometown to go out for lunch and do some shopping at the mall and a great bookstore (because, the rest of the world has to work on "Thanksgiving Friday")
- Return to his parent's house in the evening for dinner
- Saturday morning head to my aunt's house (~30 mins from FD's parents) and celebrate Thanksgiving dinner with my side of the family
- Come back to his parents house
- Go to church Sunday morning and then celebrate Thanksgiving with his family
- Relax on Monday and head home in the evening
The excitement died this morning when I woke up. As he headed to the shower, I called out to him, "Wait a minute ... are you sure you get tomorrow off?"
A few minutes later after his
He left for work and called me a few minutes after he got there.
Nope. No day off.
My best guess is because on Easter weekend he gets Good Friday and Easter Monday off, while most people only get Monday. But still, why in the world we ever think that he got Thanksgiving Friday off? There is absolutely nothing special about Thanksgiving Friday.
I am really not sure why we are this dumb.
Update: Whoo hoo! This just in. Hubby called to tell me that he took the day off anyway so our plans could stay the same! Yippeee!!