Image Map

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hello?? Is anybody in there??

This is the question I sometimes have to ask myself when looking in the mirror. Because sometimes I'm not sure that there actually is anybody inside this head of mine.

You might remember me mentioning that this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving. Also, if you read my weekly meal plan, you'll notice that nothing was planned for this evening and onward because we had plans to leave tonight for our long weekend.

Because, you see, the fabulous dude has Friday and Monday off for Thanksgiving weekend.

Apparently.

In our own world.

Our weekend plans looked like this:
  • Leave Thursday night to head up to FD's town, stopping for dinner out on the way.
  • Head out to the cabin to spend the night (the cabin is the same place he proposed. Coincidentally, today is also our 4 year proposalversary - seems fitting)
  • Relax on Friday morning
  • Head into the "city" closest to his hometown to go out for lunch and do some shopping at the mall and a great bookstore (because, the rest of the world has to work on "Thanksgiving Friday")
  • Return to his parent's house in the evening for dinner
  • Saturday morning head to my aunt's house (~30 mins from FD's parents) and celebrate Thanksgiving dinner with my side of the family
  • Come back to his parents house
  • Go to church Sunday morning and then celebrate Thanksgiving with his family
  • Relax on Monday and head home in the evening
We were both really looking forward to a long, relaxing weekend full of turkey, family and the outdoors. We were especially excited for the extra day off so we could spend Thursday evening and Friday together on our "mini-getaway".

The excitement died this morning when I woke up. As he headed to the shower, I called out to him, "Wait a minute ... are you sure you get tomorrow off?"

A few minutes later after his ridiculously long shower he came back into the room looking quite puzzled. "You know", he said, "Now that you say that. I am not sure if I do have tomorrow off."

He left for work and called me a few minutes after he got there.

Nope. No day off.

My best guess is because on Easter weekend he gets Good Friday and Easter Monday off, while most people only get Monday. But still, why in the world we ever think that he got Thanksgiving Friday off? There is absolutely nothing special about Thanksgiving Friday.

I am really not sure why we are this dumb.

Update: Whoo hoo! This just in. Hubby called to tell me that he took the day off anyway so our plans could stay the same! Yippeee!!

19 comments:

A New England Girl said...

Aw, that is horrible that it messes up your little getaway plans! I hope the rest of your weekend is absolutely fantastic though. :) Happy Thanksgiving! ;)

Kayla said...

O no! What a bummer! Hopefully you still have a chance to do most of the things you planned! Have fun and Happy Thanksgiving! :-)

Emily said...

I'm so jealous! Sounds like a wonderful planned out weekend. I can't wait until Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Brittany Ann said...

Oh no! My hubs does stuff like that, and only finds out enough to ruin plans, not save me from making them! I'm so sorry, hun!

Tereasa said...

Oh, that's too bad. Your plans sounded great!

Gwen said...

Men don't think like normal people ever but I'm so glad that he did get to take the day off. Have a fabulous weekend!!! XOXO

Jessica McCoy said...

I'm glad your plans didn't get messed up! Hope ya'll have a great weekend! I can't WAIT until our thanksgiving to I can eat a bunch of turkey :)

Lucky in Love said...

I'm so glad that your plans got to stay intact :) I can't wait to hear how it goes...but I will miss you tons and tons while you are gone!

Jackie said...

You are my first Canadian friend, which is interesting since Canada is not that far from my home. Anyway, I didn't know Canadaians had their own Thanksgiving. Do you celebrate ours too? Enjoy your weekend!

Kristin said...

No Comment.

Brooke said...

i had to lol @ proposalversary.

and i'm glad you're plans aren't going to have to change.

Annie said...

yay! glad he has the day off now!! you two have lots of fun plans!! :)

happy thanksgiving!! eat some for me ;)

have a GREAT weekend sweet girl!!

SnoWhite said...

Bummer, man, about the weekend. Hope you still get to enjoy the holiday.

So, I'm guessing most people have only Monday off this weekend for the holiday? I ask because we're traveling through Canada on our way to hubby's sister's wedding.... and we're debating going through the states due to the holiday. Any thoughts?

This Texas Momma said...

Yay for having an updated-non-ruined-super-fun weekend! Have a lovely time, drive safe (oiy. apparently I've become my mother), and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

Tricia said...

Yay! I hope the two of you have a wonderful long weekend! Drive safely, eat lots of turkey, and take lots of pics. K?!
I'll miss ya' though, so you'd better have lots of fun to make up for my Lucy withdrawal.

XO*Tricia

Anonymous said...

yay have fun!!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Glad you get to have the day anyway!! :)

Courtney said...

Aw yay for him taking the day off!! What a good hubby!

Taryn said...

Hello friend- I hope you had a good holiday weekend . . .

Busy and good holiday weekend.