Image Map

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Safety and Snow Tires

Whooie.

Today I am SO thankful for snow tires. Rewind two months you would have found me complaining about the significant chunk of $$ we were forking out to replace our all-seasons with snow tires on two vehicles. No complaining today. Have you ever had that feeling when you're driving on the highway and you realize you just aren't exactly sure which lane you are in and if you are, in fact, even in a lane? Yup, that was me today. Part way home I became aware that I was probably driving on the shoulder of the highway for the majority of the trip. Not fun. My usual 10-15 "commute" to school took me 45 minutes in the morning and a whopping hour and ten minutes this afternoon. It could have taken 50 hours for all I care, I'm just glad that I am home safely, warming up by the fire.

Praise God for safety and snow tires!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Yikes! I haven't gone anywhere the last two days because of the snow and snow days for the kids. But hubby said the same thing last night about not knowing where the lanes were on the freeway. And he doesn't have snow tires. Probably nobody around here does.