Image Map

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

two years!

Today marks two years since Evan and I were married. In honour of this occasion, I have borrowed the idea from Em to highlight the more memorable moments that we have shared over the past two years. (Thanks, Em! I hope you don't mind).

On August 12th, 2006 we were joined by our family and friends in a celebration of our love at Cranberry Creek Farms in Lyndoch, Ontario. The day was everything we'd hoped for, and more!


From August 13th-16th we honeymooned in Sauble Beach at my Grandma and Grandpa's cottage (and no, don't worry, my grandparents were not there with us!). We ate great food, spent time at the beach (when it wasn't raining - boo hoo), and I got my nose pierced.


August 16th we returned to our home in Beamsville and spent the last 3 days of our honeymoon painting, cleaning, shopping, unpacking and organizing our first apartment.

September long weekend 2006 we traveled to Temagami to go camping with the Kirklands.


September 2006 I returned to Brock to begin the third year of my undergraduate degree. I also began my job as assistant JK/SK teacher at Great Lakes Christian Preschool.

November 3rd, 2006 our third niece, Onnolee Grace Shortt, was born to Evan's sister Be and her husband AJ. Evan also shot his second deer a few days after her birth.


December 1st 2006, a nasty rain storm in Beamsville resulted in a terrible flood in our basement apartment. We evacuated and moved in to M & L's basement for temporary accommodations.


December 6th 2006, the Lord blessed us with a new apartment that was cheaper, nicer and in a much better location than our first. We moved in on 8th-9th, just in time for Christmas holidays. I was thankful to have a home to celebrate in and put up our first Christmas tree. (Tree compliments of M & L who put it up in their basement for me during one of my exams then let me drag it to my new apartment so I could celebrate the holidays properly). We celebrated our first Christmas as a married couple with my family and then traveled to be with his family on Boxing Day.




New Years 2006 - We ate at the Outback and went to the outdoor concert in Niagara Falls with my parents. Rain and wind made for an uncomfy evening, but we still managed to have a good time.


February 2007 - We brought our first puppy, Nika, home. She is a black lab and border collie cross and transformed me from dog hater to dog lover.


April 2007 - We went on our "second honeymoon" to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic to the Melia Caribe resort. This trip was with my parents and was wonderful. We left for the airport straight from my last exam. What a way to celebrate being done another year!


August 12th, 2007 - We celebrated our first anniversary while camping with Evan's entire family at the Pinery in Grand Bend. When we returned home we went to Cafe Amore for a lovely dinner and fantastic dessert.


September 2007 - Back to school again for one last year (or so we thought).

December 2007 - We celebrated Christmas with Evan's family and traveled to be with my family for the end of the holidays.


June 2008 - I graduated from Brock U with an honours BA in Child and Youth Studies (hooray, we finally did it!)


July 18th, 2008- Our first nephew, Hunter Jonathan Dimmick was born to my sister and her husband.

August 12th, 2008 - Today we are celebrating our second anniversary by traveling for seven hours home from K & D's house with E & L. I'm sure we'll have the joy of stopping at Bass Pro Shop on the way for some good times.

Who could ask for anything more than spending life with their very best friend? Evan is one awesome dude for supporting me and encouraging me through four years of university and for willingly and patiently accepting two more. These have been the best two years of my life and I can't wait for what the rest of our life together brings!!! Love 2 U, Ev.

No comments: