So. February is over. March is well underway. I guess it’s time to look back and see how I did with the goals I set myself for February and figure out what I hope to accomplish this month.
So, let’s see. In February I planned to:
1. Reorganize pantry/food cupboards. Done. 2. Clean Fridge. Done. I must say, Evan actually did most of this job after an unfortunate incident where something leaked in the fridge. He spent a good hour or so on Friday night cleaning it up for me. 3. Finish 2012 Family Photobook. It’s done and ordered. I’m anxiously waiting for it to arrive.
4. Set up playroom. No comment. The playroom has been at a standstill for a good while. Evan ended up spending most of his evenings and weekends for a few weeks working on a kitchen renovation at our church, so this got pushed to the back burner. Hopefully this month!
5. Blog House Tour. I showed you the dining room and living room, but that’s as far as I got. It’s a start, anyway.
6. Decorate sofa table. Well, apparently shopping for home decor with two kids in tow is not that amazing or easy. Who knew? Who would like to go shopping on my behalf and pick some up beautiful pieces for this area? I’ll even let you pay with your very own money.
So, 50% success rate. Could be worse.
I’m going pretty easy on myself this month. For one, the month is one third of the way done. We also spent a week down and out with the flu and recovering from that and have some busy plans through this month … so those are my excuses
1. Playroom – hopefully Evan can get the final touches done on the room so I can work on organizing it and setting it up. Right now, my dresser looks like the dollar store threw up on it because it’s where I’ve been housing all of our craft supplies and the toy area in the living room is more than over run.
2. Organize the tupperware cupboard - Is this a job or what! How does it get so messy so fast?
3. Kids books – reorganize book slings, set up a “big kid” book station in Eva’s room. What is your favourite type of book set up in a kid’s room?
4. Craft with Eva – I am setting a goal to be more intentional about spending Gwen’s morning nap doing some one-on-one crafts and activities with Eva. This doesn’t always come easy to me because I find it’s so easy to send her for independent play (which is definitely beneficial – not saying she shouldn’t do this) while I do housework. I notice her days and her behavior is so much better if I just take some time during that quiet time and spend focused on her, doing a structured activity. We’ve been having fun with some spring crafts and so I am excited to pull some more ideas from my preschool days out.
There. That’s it. Told you I was taking it easy on myself this month.