Image Map

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

it’s that time again …

It’s been a long while since I’ve jotted down some of the best of Eva’s little sayings so I figured it’s time again.

IMG_8781

At Halloween, girlfriend was a bit confused. When I tried to explain to her what halloween and trick or treating was all about, this was what I got: “Is trick or treat kiss Eeba? Is trick or treat has a beard? Is trick or treat has a sleigh?” Um, not quite.

Lately I’ve noticed her picking up a few expressions that just aren’t quite right. For example, she always asks me if I want “a couple tea”, a “kaprise” or a “kapresent”, and when she’s surprised her first exclamation is usually “wha da worl?”

Currently, her favourite DVD is Leapfrog Letter Factory. Along with thanking that DVD for teaching her around half of the letter sounds in a few weeks, I also thank said DVD for the expression, “okie dokie artichokie”.

Nothing helps you realize expressions you commonly use more than listening to your child talk. I have learned a lot about myself lately when I’m not listening to her and she says, “MOMMY. I’n ASKING YOU!”. Perhaps the best one was: “Evalyn you need to listen and obey. I’m asking you to clean up your puzzles” to which she responded, “I’N ASKING YOU TO STOP ASKING ME THAT!”

This one’s gotta be my favourite. The other day we were driving to town and she said, “Mama! I got a sneeze in my nose. I gotta bless it out. There. I blessed it down. It’s all fixed now”.

Occasionally, she will come up to me and ask me, “would you like to hab a bisit?” when I say yes, she will fold her hands in her lap and say “So, how your day was?”

Because of the PTing thing that’s been going on around here, she’s very eager to encourage and reward both Evan and I for our, ahem, successes. “What kinda poop is it Daddy? Is it a ‘uge one? Can I slush it down? I so proud of you Daddy!”

I adore when I see her doing things around home that reflect what she learns at preschool. For example, lately she’s been walking around with her magna doodle (ahem, magnet dude I should say) taking attendance. “Is my friend Daddy here? Nope, he’s at work. Is my friend Nana here? Nope, she’s at da cottage. Is my friend Unco here? Nope, he’s sick. Is my friend Mommy here? Yep. She’s here. Nice today to see you Mommy!”

In this day and age it’s no secret that kids are going to be keen on technology. Somehow we made it two years one month and twenty seven days before Eva figured out how to unlock our iPhones. But now she can do it. And open the camera. And take photos. So she’s constantly asking if she can “take a smile of me”.

On the same note, as we packed up into the truck the other day, she said “Okay, all aboard (which she always says when we get in a vehicle now). Everybody got da phones?"

Before church on Sunday, she was walking around with my phone pretending to talk to her Sunday school teacher. “Hello Ms Cook! Yes, yeah. Yep. Okay. Yes. Uh huh. Yes. I coming. Okay. Yes. Yes, I can’t wait too”.

Since we’re in the midst of potty training, you know that nothing would make me run faster than hearing, “Look Mom! I put a poo on your phone!” Yep … she said it. And this is what I found…

IMG_8795

These are just a few that I can remember off the top of my head, but you know … basically to sum it up, she’s all together awesome and hilarious. Love this kid!

3 comments:

This Texas Momma said...

Love it!!! Love the "bisit" I can just see that precious girl sitting with her hands folded. I get the "so how was your day?" question a lot too. Sometimes at 7:30 in the morning.

Unknown said...

She is just the cutest thing!

Anonymous said...

I love that you document her Eva-isms :) One day they will be so fun for her to look back on!