Image Map

Thursday, December 16, 2010

All part of the game

Last week, Evalyn slept through the night twice. I’m talking 7.5-8 hour stretches of sleep. On the nights she didn’t do that, she was sleeping 4, 5 and 6 hour stretches.

This week, she’s been waking up 5, 6, 7, even 8 times per night.

Last week, she was super cuddly and never let me put her down wanted to be in my arms all the time.

This week, she is happy as a clam to lay on her play mat or sit in her bouncy seat and talk to her toys.

Last week, she nursed on both sides for 5-8 minutes per feeding.

This week, she’s been nursing only on one side per feed, for about 3-4 minutes.

Last week, she wanted her soother at all times.

This week, she would rather suck on my shoulder.

Just when I think I’ve got this kid figured out, she goes and mixes things up a little.

But, you know what?

That’s all part of the game.

Sometimes you get to pass Go and collect $200 and other times, you get sent immediately to jail.

Sometimes we have good days.

And sometimes we don’t.

Sometimes we have good nights.

And sometimes we don’t.

And that’s okay because it’s all just part of the game.

And I am lovin’ it

(despite the lack of sleep and nasal congestion)

7 comments:

Jillian said...

It is so crazy how they are different EVERY day!! Even at this age Emerson is unpredictable!

Penny said...

So sweet!!! She is beautiful, btw!!

Guess who? said...

That's right - love that baby girl - because before you know it -she will be the mumma and you will be the Nana!!!

Emily said...

She is just precious and likes to keep you on your toes at all times. LOL!

Jess said...

Yup. And she'll do that often, over the next few years. It's one thing I've learned with all my kiddos. They change, constantly, so don't think you have a clue. Lol.

Anonymous said...

So very true. Never get used to a routine, because as soon as you do? It will change.

And the 6, 7, 8 times a night? That happened for 4 weeks. I kid you not. So? I feel your pain sister! I mean .. Twister! :)

d.a.r. said...

Sounds like you are adjusting perfectly!! You are a wonderful mama!