I'm a few days early on my monthly goal review, but I figured we're close enough to the end of November (can you believe that?) to be safe.
1. Get the bulk of the Christmas shopping done. For the sake of objective goal setting, I am going to say, get 75% of my shopping done. It should be possible because we have schedule a shopping day in Toronto with my family! Yes - I am nearly done my shopping. I just have a few little things to buy. I should actually be done by tonight, hopefully.
2. Secure participants, schedule focus groups, conduct focus groups and transcribe. Um, this is clearly way too ambitious. But we'll see. I have gathered participants and am working on scheduling. It is proving to be quite difficult. These girls are busy! So, I haven't been able to get any focus groups done and of course, that means no transcription. I'm still hopeful to get at least one, perhaps two, done before the holidays. Please pray for that.
3. Finish the Love Dare .... or should I just give up on it? Remember when I only got three days of it done all through October, putting me to Day 15? Well, I'm still on Day 15. Apparently The Love Dare is not getting the attention it deserves. I've decided to put it away and pull it out in the New Year sometime.
4. Make a homemade Christmas gift for the FD's family name draw. Yupper! I may show it to you in a few weeks, but at this point I can't because the person who is going to receive it may or may not read this blog.
5. Clean and organize the freezer to make room for the new meat from hunting season (assuming the FD gets a deer, of course). Yes - I have spent the month trying to eat up as much food from the freezer as possible to have it reorganized. We will be filling it with meat on Sunday.
6. Complete theory chapter ... or drop out of school. My theory chapter is finally complete and has been sent to my adviser as of yesterday. I was totally not serious about dropping out of school, but somedays ... oh ... somedays.
7. Visit the in-laws. We're heading there this weekend.
8. Begin counting down to Christmas :D I actually have two count downs! 14 days until Christmas with my in-laws and 29 days until Christmas day!
December Goals - my goals for this month are short and sweet.
1. Finish all my grading by December 9th.
2. Conduct at least one focus group and transcribe it by December 18th. My goal is for my Christmas holidays to start on December 18th. I want to put away school on that day and not look at it again until the New Year.
3. Survive Christmas - this includes, celebrating/hosting Christmas with the in-laws in two weeks, hosting and attending a few other parties, heading home to my parents house on the 20th to help Mom get ready and then spending time with my family between Christmas Eve-Boxing Day.
4. Completely inundate my blog with Christmas material so you all know exactly how much of a Crazy Christmas person I am.
December is a crazy month for us all! What goals do you have?