Image Map

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Last week, I was successful with my pantry week ... I didn't buy any groceries all week! AND, we didn't even feel like we were going without. We still had hearty, full balanced meals all week. We enjoyed Calzones, Fruit Smoothies and Kung WOW Chicken! I had planned on making BBQ turkey flatbread and salad but that didn't go as planned. The flatbread was not so flat so we ended up having BBQ Turkey Salad served with (not-so-flat) flatbread. I will try it again soon because I am working on recreating a recipe I tried many many years ago.

This week, my sister and nephew are coming to visit for a few days and I can't wait! This means a few special treats on the menu.

Here's the plan...

Monday
Greek feta burgers (Sister's request), with Tzakiti Sauce and Soft pitas** (trying a different recipe)
Cucumber Dill Salad**
Lime squares for dessert** (can you tell I'm having company? Since when do I make dessert for dinner)

Tuesday
Lemon Grilled Chicken**
Rice
Asparagus

Wednesday
Grilled cheese
Tomato soup
(Early baseball game)

Thursday
Slow Cooker Roast
Potatoes
Carrots
Asparagus

Friday
Roast beef on a bun

Saturday
Leftovers

Breakfasts
Fruit Smoothies (I have a new favorite combo - coming soon!)
Toast
Fruit

Lunches
Sandwiches
Greek Salad
Leftovers

Snacks
Popcorn
Apples
Homemade cheese crackers (hopefully)

Bread
Soft pitas**
Buttery bread machine rolls
Machine mixed whole wheat

**Recipes to come!

Head over here to see what others are cooking this week.

6 comments:

SnoWhite said...

mmmm... popcorn!

I can't wait to hear what your new favorite smoothie is :)

have a fun week with your sister!!

Emily said...

I need to read up on your bread recipes. I have a bread maker but have used it once because I really don't know how or what to make.

The grilled chicken lemon and the grilled cheese and tomato soup are some of my favorite.

Cristina said...

Lucy, you inspire me to be more organized in meal planning...I am a great cook but always find myself making the 5 same dishes over and over - I am lucky that my husband is not a picky eater and doesn't complain!

outdoorgriller said...

That menu plan sounds good I like lot of those same dishes.I dont think I have ever had a greek hamburger before, I will have to try that.If you want to look at the collection of tips and recipes I have for grilling you can visit www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

I've been wondering about making crackers and flatbread at home. Looking forward to more ideas from you. :) My MPM is here.

Tricia said...

Oh my gosh, Lucy! I need to move in with you. Seriously, are you taking applications? Um, my family might want to come too. Is that a problem? ;)
I stink at menu planning. I try. I succeed for a couple weeks. Then I lose focus. I fail. We eat waffles or pancakes for dinner.
This is our story. I need to read more of Lucy's Kitchen and get some darn motivation already!
Thanks for the kick in the hiney.
*Tricia