Image Map

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Verdict

Yesterday was laundry day and so, as promised, I am reporting my opinions on the Homemade Dryer Sheets I posted about in last week's Thrifty Thursday.

What did I think of this product, you ask?

Drum roll please.....

AMAZING! I will never turn back. The clothes came out of the dryer just as (or more) soft, cozy and fluffy than they do with dryer sheets. There was no static and no unpleasant odor. I was a bit worried that my clothes would smell like vinegar because the mixture smells quite strong but they seem to take on the smell of the conditioner more than the vinegar. In fact, I think my next batch may smell even nicer because this time I mixed about 5 different kinds of conditioner to use up bottles. Using one, nice smelling kind might make the scent more lovely. The only complaint I have about this is that it does make your hands smell a bit. Since you have to dip the cloth into the mixture and wring it out, your hands will get a bit goopy and vinegary smelling. But, no problem, I just wiped them off on another cloth that was waiting to be washed. It's a price I will pay.

So, there you have it. Homemade dryer sheets it is. No more store bought junk. I think I will try to use this as liquid fabric softener as well. When and if I do, I'll let you know how that goes. I will also let you know when I have a better idea of how long one batch of this mixture lasts.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, I am so going to try this! However, I still have 3/4 of a box of store bought ones left so it may be awhile before I try. Thanks for the idea!

Kristin said...

I'm going to try dryer balls and see if they work. Depending on how long they last, they may be cheaper and no chemicals at all.