Image Map

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"I Wonder" Wednesday

I wonder why these stinkin' Christmas treats taste. so. good! I just can't stop eating these sweeties. My tummy is starting to hurt. I am beginning to wonder if, perhaps, it was not a good idea to make nine varieties of Christmas treats.

This year, my mom and I made:

- shortbread
- shortbread chocolate chip skor bars
- turtle bars
- raspberry crumble bars
- peanut butter balls
- chocolate coated almond toffee
- tingalings
- almond bark
- white chocolate mint raspberry candy

The Christmas festivities my fabulous dude and I are involved in begin this weekend and they couldn't come soon enough. I am so excited to begin the holiday season with family and friends! But more importantly, I am excited to give some baking away so I WILL STOP EATING IT!

So, perhaps my question should be, I wonder why I have no self-control?

What are you wondering about on this fine Wednesday? Let us know! Use Mr. Linky to join in.

Have fun linking up but please remember two things...

1.Link directly to your “I Wonder Wednesday” post so people will have no trouble finding it.
2.Include a link back here from your own blog.

P.S. The difference in font style and size was not meant for dramatic effect. This thing is giving me a hard time this morning and I don't have time to fool with it - I have more baking to eat ... I mean ... umm...

P.S.S. When I posted about making toffee, I mentioned that I was concerned that I had not boiled it long enough and that it was not thick enough. I was right ... it's very ooey, gooey. Too ooey, gooey. It is still in the freezer in one piece. I guess I am hoping if I leave it in there long enough it will miraculously form itself into perfectly set deliciousness. Not happening, I'm afraid.

No comments: